So many people enjoy stepping on a freshly mowed lawn. There’s nothing as relaxing and calming as a well-maintained lawn and outdoor space. The best part is that maintaining your property pays you back well when it’s time to sell your home.
Maybe you have been Googling, “I need to sell my house fast in Pittsburgh. What can I do?” We have a few tips that might surprise you. It’s time to pull out the lawn mower and work on your yard. A well-maintained lawn creates the best first impression on prospective buyers.
This post rounds up some of the best lawn care tips that ensure you get a beautiful and lush lawn throughout the year. We’ve compiled these tips based on the time of the year so that you can quickly look up what needs to be done each season.
Spring Lawn Care Tips
Like other maintenance tips, the proper preparation ensures that everything goes smoother. Here are the basics of lawn care for spring:
- Sharpen the mower blades: Dull blades tear the grass, discolor the lawn, and make it look jagged. Ensure you sharpen the mower blades during the grass-cutting season to get a clean cut.
- Get your mower ready: Add new air filters and sparkplugs to keep your mower prepared for peak grass-cutting season.
- Clean up the lawn: Before you take out the mower for a spin, ensure that you remove any twigs, leaves, and other debris accumulated over the winter.
- Fertilize: Spring is a great time to fertilize the lawn. Alternatively, you can fertilize towards the end of fall so that grasses store energy in their roots during winter and use it in the following spring.
- Aerate the lawn: Aeration is the process of punching small holes in the yard so that fertilizer, oxygen, and water reach the roots easily.
Summer Lawn Care Tips
- Keep an eye out for pests: During the summer, beetles, grubs, and other insects start feeding on your lawns. If you notice signs of brown grass or wilting, you might have an issue with bugs. You can treat your yard with a chemical pesticide or other environmental-friendly choices like milky spores to control the pests.
- Remove no more than a third of the grass blade: During summer, your grass might grow extremely fast. Ensure you mow your lawn at least once a week without cutting it too short.
- Cut those pesky weeds: Weeds might have escaped the mower. Remove any weeds left behind by hand.
Fall Lawn Care Tips
Taking care of your lawn during the fall months is relatively easy. Your primary job is to keep the lawn free of fallen leaves, weeds, and debris. Fall is also the best time to add organic matter and fertilizers to the soil. Your yard can enrich itself over the cold winter months and emerge prettier when spring rolls around.
Follow these simple tips to keep your lawn at its best throughout the year. It can be extremely challenging to sell a house fast, even when you do all the required maintenance and repairs.
If you’re looking for an easier way to sell your Pittsburgh house fast without spending time and money on maintenance, reach out to cash home buyers in Pittsburgh. Cash buyers purchase your property as-is, helping you make a quick sale without any hassles.